Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The War - Day One

This was a highly successful day with almost all of my goals achieved.

I ate extremely well, although the Points Tracker recorded 22 points (I'm only allowed 18). However I had at least 8 points in exercise, and with the 4 points I'm allowed to convert to food, I still came in on target. Never used to use my exercise points for food before, but I think I have to train my body to eat more. According to Calorie King, it was an exceptional day with a total enery input of 219 calories! Of course I ate far more than this - I actually ate 1460, but in Calorie King it subtracts your calories burnt through exercise - and yes, I burnt 1242 calories in exercise!

What did I do? Just the treadmill blast, and then went on a 12km run/walk/hike! Tackled the nearby hills, but because I am still nursing a hamstring injury, I have to be careful with my running and not do too much. I also went hiding a geocache - have I talked about this before? Geocaching is a world wide "treasure hunt" where people hide and find secret stashes of goodies (usually just cheap trinkets), and locate them with the use of GPS devices. More information can be found here. I of course have a GPS on my Garmin for running, being the technonerd that I am, and so get to go running and treasure hunting at the same time. So after walk/running 5 kms of hills, I went hiking up through a reserve, got to the top, hid my geocache, and then came back down, and walk/ran another 5 kms of hills home. All in all, it took me 2 hours, 20 mins (can you tell I couldn't run much!) But it was an absolutely glorious day, and I loved every second of it. Today I am going to find a geocache in Melrose - I am going to try an run a 5km fire trail up Mount Remarkable, locate the cache, and run back down. My hamstring may tell me I need to walk, but either way I will tackle the 10 kms, regardless of how long it takes. And the forecast is for 21 degrees - absolutely perfect!
'
So the scales this morning said.........well thats a secret, but lets just say I saw the result of all my hard work!

1 comment:

jen said...

wooooooohoooooooooo way to go Lisa...your're on the go again, and doing so well by the sounds of you.

Keep smiling,
Jen