Sunday, August 24, 2008

Pushups equal Pain

I never thought pushups could cause so much pain.

I’ve just finished Week 3 of the 6 week program but it is taking me longer than its meant to as I’m having to have 3 days between each session as I haven’t recovered sufficiently.

Today I did a total of 113 pushups over 5 sets (30, 22, 22, 20, 25) oh – yes – that should add up to 114 shouldn’t it.

But I didn’t quite make it.

Each session I look at the figures ahead of me and shake my head. I don’t think I can do it. And then I remember that I think that every time and somehow just manage to make it.

So today was no different. Except I had to increase my rest time between sets from 2 mins to 3 mins, and on the last set, I collapsed at number 24. Wooss – I told myself, get back up there and do the last one. So I got back up to the full plank, lowered myself to the ground and could not for the life of me push myself more than half way back up again. Collapsed again.

You know the test kids do – where you stand in a doorway and push your arms outwards on the door frame and hold for one minute – and when you let go your arms feel like they are floating upwards? Well that’s how my arms feel – for hours afterwards. They ached and throbbed so much that I had to take nurofen at lunch time just to get over myself! And I’ve noticed at work that my hand shakes if I try and write something rather than type – because the fatigue is so intense. Who would have thought that a little old pushup could reek such havoc!

But I wont give up.

I will be a 100 pushup girl!

1 comment:

Magda said...

Superb effort Lisa. I'm impressed.

Magda