Saturday, May 03, 2008

Going Down...

Weight - 61.9
Waist - 77cm
Exercise - not much this week - Nail Can Hill Run yesterday (my run, not the official one) in Albury

Well - I've been in NSW for the last 4 days and have successfully managed to eat fairly cleanly and see my weight continue to go downwards - woohoo!

Exercise was hard due to the break in routine, travelling with someone else, and the work schedule. Had time to run on Thursday but it poured with rain. With no steady tready available, or a gym of anysorts - exercise was just too hard. But Friday I managed to get up early and go for a 50 min hill run - up Nail Can Hill in Albury - and it was awesome. There is nothing more exhilirating (after doing the hard yards up the hill) than running full pelt downhill, surrounded by beautiful trees, the wind through your hair, feeling your legs power on and your heart pumping positively. As I said - Awesome! After that great run I am now really looking forward to the Make a Wish fun run tomorrow (11kms), after being a bit worried about it over the last few weeks.

I had dinner with the lovely Katiep on Tuesday - and even managed to meet her other half. It was a lovely night and she looks terrific in person. All ready for the big event I'd say.

Physically I've hit a new goal, with my waist measurement hitting an all time low of 77cm. (Quite big by many peoples standards, but for me its the best I have seen in a long time.) I've been recording waist measurement over the last little while as another way of measuring progress. After my holidays in Jan/Feb my waist measurement had risen dramatically - to about 85cm - and I've managed to see this drop quite quickly again which I am pleased with. Its also really interesting to note that my waist is now less than (or maybe the same) as it was when I was at my goal weight of 58kgs. I think its just a good sign that my body is changing shape, and a better indicator than the scales.

Am going to try some of the sets in The New Lifting Rules for Women this arvo - provided they don't work my legs too much - am resting up for the big race tomorrow!

2 comments:

Magda said...

Hi Lisa,

travelling is hard enough but going with someone else is an even bigger pain, I find.

Your waist measurement is close to mine and yep mine spiked to the mid 80s as well not so long ago. At least it comes down nicely if we eat correctly.

Good luck for the run 2moro.

Cheers

Magda

jen said...

ohhh for a decent waist measurement...BUT I will get there again....a new day again tomorrow!!

All the best for the race tomorrow.