Monday, May 22, 2006

Slow and steady wins the race (maybe)


Weigh in today – and I’ve lost 800gms for the week. Very happy with this after my small loss last week of 100gms (coincided with my very stressful week).This brings me down to 67.6, and I’m going all out for a 1 kg loss this week.  Definitely leaving the 70’s well and truly behind. Only 10kgs to goal now.

I also managed to achieve my next fitness challenge – no sooner had I written it down and it was done! I walked/ran for 75 mins, in intervals of 5 mins walk/10 mins run.  I have to say the last set nearly killed me – I was very tired, but I am nothing if not a very determined (some say stubborn!) person, and I hadn’t put in an hours effort, to not achieve my goal!  So now I have run 50 mins in one session, and overall I covered nearly 9 kms.  I reckon if I can do my next challenge (which I am going to leave for a few weeks) over 90 mins I will probably have covered the whole 12 kms needed for the City Bay.  Then I just need to work on speed and dropping the walks! (I’m not lofty with my goals are I?  My weight watchers online name isn’t Superchick for nothing!)

Anyway – the run was yesterday (Sunday) and tonight I did Combat. I was quite sore from yesterday – wondered if I should have a whole rest day or not – should have taken my thoughts more seriously!  I am buggered!  I actually feel quite “winded” after the session – I think I need to be more mindful of overtraining – don’t want any of those nasty injuries!  Might give myself tomorrow off as they have cancelled all the classes due to a guest speaker.  Mmmm – will see how I feel…..maybe just a long low intensity walk on the treadmill…….

2 comments:

Rae said...

a day off sounds good... i am doing the same tomorrow, realised i haven't had one in a while when i was getting a little more tired rather than a little more energised at the gym today.

and CONGRATS on the awesome loss this week!
WOOHOOO!
:)

Berrie said...

Hey Lisa thanks for your comment on my blog...wow did you find it somehow or did I tell you? gosh I was trying to keep it quiet for a while hehehehehe but thanks so much for being one of the first to leave a message it is nice to see and you really are doing good...
Berrie xx