Sunday, May 04, 2008

Make A Wish

Weight - 61.6 (woohoo)
Food yesterday- met all my goals - kept it light
Exercise - rest yesterday (apart from some bench pressing) and the 11km Make-A-Wish Foundation Fun Run

Well, no super time for me on the fun run - but still quite respectable - 74mins. Considering I ran the 12 km C2B last year in 73, its hardly a PB - but then again - when you've basically only put in one long run/week for the last few weeks (and next to no running before that) its not half bad either. I basically averaged a 6 min pace but put in walk breaks every 10, so that slowed down my overall pace. If I want to run the C2B at a pace of 5.5 with no walk breaks (translates into a 66min time) I am really going to have to start training hard. But I'm ready for it. And I want it.

I'm really happy with my weight for now- I'm only about 3 kgs out of my healthy weight range/goal weight again, and have lost a total of 5kgs over the last 7 weeks, which is not bad going given my starting weight. 5 weeks left of the weight loss challenge - and I think I will be ok with my moderate results. Speaking of which, I'm so very proud of my team who all did the run today. Bill ran the race in 64mins - and until a few months ago didn't run at all, Syd walked it and took out first place, and Matt - who has knee problems and walks with a cane, walked it in 1:44 - which is over 6kms/hr. They are all absolute champs!

1 comment:

KatieP said...

Well done on the weight loss and the race. Tell Bill I said congratulations!! (Mr Katie thought he was your husband but I put him straight!!)
I loved dinner the other night. You are such a darling.
xxx