Saturday, July 08, 2006

Mid Week Update

Well, I haven't had much of a chance to update lately, have been very busy and away again for work. Managed to survive for two days away without the scales this time, and keep up with my running programme, and did one class at a nearby gym. The combat class was quite encouraging, as apart from the muscle bound body builder on my left, and the could be state footballer on my right - I reckon I was about the fittest there! I was doing all the high impact stuff whilst everyone else took the low impact road! Yeh me!
Scales this morning did show me at 64.8 - just under my weeks goal of 65, but the weekend is always more challenging - particularly as I'm having a dinner party tonight! But as the hostess with the mostess - I'll be serving the least - the least calories and fat that is. Have cooked the Chicken and Spinach Lasagne from Symply Too Good to Be True (4.5 points/serve). Braised Lamb with Lentils (Continental recipe - calculated at 5.5 points/serve) Sweet and Sour Pork Stir fry (no idea really, but its just meat vegies, hokkein noodles, and a little sauce - my guess about 6 points). So if I have a third of a serve of each - I should only be eating about 5 - 6 points. Although, and a friend is bringing one of my favorite deserts i think - may have to indulge in this - have been keeping the points low all day.

Running wise - I've finished week 2 of the Beginners training guide for the City Bay. - All went ok , but I see that in two weeks time I have to be able to run 4 kms at race pace (which I've set at 10kms/hour, so that I can run the 12 kms in 72 mins). This seems a bit of a stretch as I can only run at this pace for about 3 mins at the moment!. I can run the 4 kms ok, but but I am just slow - currently running at about 8.5 kms/hr. Well, will try and run at 9.0kms/hr this week, I may have to adjust my race pace yet - will wait and see.

Having another fitness test next week, my team is halfway through the fitness challenge. Very interested to see if there is a noticeable improvement. Its done on a bike though, and I hate bikes, so I never feel very fit on it at all! Hopefully it will make no difference.

Well thats it for now, two more days to weigh in - lets see if I can crack the 65 kg barrier....

No comments: