You know how magazines always have photo spreads on "summer must haves" "autumn essentials" etc and you often look at them and go "yeah, that would be great, if only I was starting from scratch!" Well, this summer I WILL be at goal weight, and I will be starting my wardrobe from scratch - so I thought I would start planning it now, and plan it well so that I focus my spending on the key items I really want rather than being opportunistic with bargains and ending up with a whole heap of things that don't all go together...Do you know what I mean. You know - you keep buying fab tops, only to realise you don't really have the right jeans to wear with them, or have great trousers, but really need a plain white shirt to go with them, or never have any dressy clothes, or never have any casual clothes etc.
I thought that if I start scouring the magazines I could work out what basics I need/have to have (as in want to have) and then build from there. I have started scanning the photos into my computer and hope to set up some sort of link to my planned summer wardrobe soon. But I also thought it would be great if you have any ideas as to what are "must haves"
Here's the start of my list:
Denim shorts
Nicely fitting all purpose white TShirt
Skinny jeans
Bootleg jeans
Trendy summer dress (maybe spotty given the trend this season)
Beach type dress (NB have never been able to wear dresses B4 - hence are a must have)
????
What else do you suggest?
Wednesday, July 19, 2006
The Ultimate Summer Wardrobe!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I love the denim shorts that are a little low waisted and kind of short....well above the knee...I get them at Old Navy...do you have that store?
I also love the new jeans and crop pants that have the designs(painted or embroidery) on the lower leg and thigh, rather than the pockets....I like Coldwater Creek stores for these or Christopher & Banks...do you have either of these stores? I love sarongs and use them for cover-ups, skirts, dresses,& beach mats. I also like to have several black swimsuits...one with straps and the other strapless for sunning. I like to wear a printed black and white skirt over the swimsuit with straps and tie a fabric scarf around the waist...it makes the outfit look kind of like a sundress. Then I can go in stores or even restaurants when I am at the beach. I love the knit tops (my favorite knit shirts have a band around the bottom but they are hard to find now) and the camp shirts that you wear out not tucked in and they are real silky...real bright color and wash great...no ironing. I don't think you can have too many white tee shirts and I especially love the ones with fancy trims...like lace, sequins, beads, cut outs, eyelet, etc. I love the new wide belts..I got mine at Cold Water Creek. I like the Columbia sport shorts...they have so many colors...that are light, way above the knee and can be washed out easily if you are traveling. For traveling, I really enjoy my reversable sleeveless dresses. They are usually long, kind of A-line and fancy fabric on one and more everyday on the other side. They are easy to handwash too if needed. I love my tennis shoes, they do not have ties...they are slip ons. They are so comfortable...I have them in 6 colors and wear them year round. I wear orthodics and they fit in the shoes right under the insole. They are called Propet Walking Shoes. This year I bought the sandle made by the same company...the orthodic fits in them too...and I love them too. Otherwise I could not wear a sandle.
I like white crocheted sweaters or jackets. The colored tees or blouses look so pretty under them. I also love the light weight jogging suits with the black pants...stripe on the side...and the long sleeve hooded jackets...with the stripe on the arm...mine has matching shorts...and is a hot pink jacket with white and black stripes...I got this at Coldwater Creek too. I guess I have told you about everything in my wardobe that I love.
Post a Comment